- Right click on the red "x" and select download pictures
If this does not work, you may have to delete all content from the temporary OLK folder. the location of this folder is different depending on the version of outlook you are using.
Warning: This solution requires that you edit the registry. Improper editing of the registry may cause Windows to function incorrectly or become unresponsive. Please be sure to make a backup of the registry before continuing with the steps below. For instructions on how to backup the registry, view the following article: How to backup the registry in Windows XP
To locate this folder:
- Go to Start > Run and type "regedit"
For Office 2003
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security
For Office 2007
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security
Locate the OutlookSecurityTempFolder and copy the path
- Paste the path onto windows explorer and hit the enter key
- Delete all the content
Re-open outlook and you should now be able to view images